Parkinson’s is a Progressive Degenerative Neurological condition in which parts of the brain become progressively damaged over many years.
The three main symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are:
- involuntary shaking of particular parts of the body (tremor)
- slow movement
- stiff and inflexible muscles
A person with Parkinson’s disease can also experience a wide range of other physical and psychological symptoms, including:
- depression and anxiety
- balance problems – this may increase the chance of a fall
- loss of sense of smell (anosmis)
- problems sleeping (insomnia)
- memory problems
- Working with the doctors to help with prescription of medication.
How can Rehab Basics Help?
Rehab Basics neurological physiotherapists are able to deliver tailored rehabilitation programs.
Key goals of treatment are:
- Improve posture and balance
- Improve strength and core stability (Physiotherapists may see you in the gym)
- Improve shuffling Gait
- Advice and therapy for pain relief
- Falls prevention
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
Our Physiotherapist can see client with early onset of the condition and those who have been suffering from many years with this condition.
Treatment Sessions are offered in clinics across Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes or at Home Environment.
For further information about our service or to book an appointment with Rehab Basics please contact us
Rehab Basics offers Treatment Sessions in Clinics across Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes OR at Home Environment.