A strain occurs when muscle fibres stretch or tear. It’s usually the result of the muscle being stretched beyond its limits or forced to contract (shorten) too quickly.
Muscles at risk of strains include the hamstrings, quadriceps, calf or lumbar muscles in the lower back.
Symptoms of a muscle strain can include:
- swelling, bruising or redness
- pain in the affected muscle at rest
- pain in the muscle or associated joint during use
- muscle spasms (when the muscles contract tightly and painfully)
- weakness and loss of some, or all, of the function in the affected muscle
- Inability to fully bear weight on your knee or ankle
- Limited range of motion of the shoulder, elbow or wrist
How can Rehab Basics Help?
Common Treatments for Muscle Strain:
- Sub-Acute Soft Tissue Injury Treatment
- Closed Kinetic Chain Exercises
- Active Foot Posture Correction Exercises
- Gait Analysis
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Proprioception & Balance Exercises
- Brace or Support
- Electrotherapy & Local Modalities
- Kinesiology Tape
- Strength Exercises
- Stretching Exercises
- Supportive Taping & Strapping
Treatment Sessions are offered in clinics across Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes or at Home Environment.
For further information about our service or to book an appointment with Rehab Basics please contact us
Rehab Basics offers Treatment Sessions in Clinics across Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes OR at Home Environment.